The Jumalauta Food Review

Members of Jumalauta review food they have encountered in various places. The strict quality control of our review team is well-known in the food review scene.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Issue #35: Back to basics

Today I wanted to try something complete different. For some days I had feel myself sort of 'stuffed', like I had eaten too much sugar, fat, salt and all those substances that make you feel sort of toxicated.

So, the solution is here - a plate full of healthy food! On the plate you can find green lettuce, cherry tomates, grapes, baby carrots and chicken slices. And not just any type of food - they're all bio-organic (or 'luomu' in Finnish), except chicken and grapes. I chose chicken so the plate would be more nutritionally balanced - chicken has highest protein value compared to fat it contains (nearly none). I also added some olive oil to give some fat.



Also the thing here is that everything is eaten slowly and by hand, enjoying the taste and texture. When eaten slowly, one will feel also satisfied at the right moment - not like you stuff yourself with xxl hamburger meal in no time and after that you're so full of it you can barely walk.

I also drank lots of cold water with this, and had a bio-organic rice pudding as a dessert, as shown here.



Verdict:
This was quite new to me, but it tasted quite nice because it had salty elements (chicken), neutral (lettuce) and sweet (grapes). I instantly felt better and also my bowel started to working (ok, not more about that). I felt quite fresh afterwards and will definently do this again someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home