The Jumalauta Food Review

Members of Jumalauta review food they have encountered in various places. The strict quality control of our review team is well-known in the food review scene.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Food+Music #1: Italian Dish

It's time to start a new series with this slightly unconventional review. In other words, I am going to review a CD and food ... at the same time! Insanity!

The CD of the review is Rvng Prsnts Mx4: Crazy Rhythms.


The food is a Vegetariana pizza from Pronto in Turku, with the mushrooms replaced with minced meat. Additional ingredients were feta cheese, paprika and (black) olives.


As I entered Pronto, I first ordered the pizza (and a Fanta), after which I sat down to listen to the CD on my iPod (ripped to 192 kbps AAC). I am greeted by the lovely, soft pads of Giorgio Moroder - Night Drive (reprise), but after two minutes of chilling out for a bit, the beat kicks in courtesy of Klein & M.B.O.. As the promotional text on the Rvng site might imply, (Italo) disco is the thing on this mix CD, with a few exceptions.

After the third song on the CD, I received my pizza. For some reason, it was bigger than pizzas in Pronto usually are, and oval, not round. Odd. Luckily, this didn't modify the taste in any way. As I listened to a hilarious italian disco version of Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love by Massimo Barsotti, I took the first bite of the pizza. I had a similar pizza a few days ago, and once again, I was not disappointed. I also hope that Massimo's pronunciation of "Whole Lotta Love" as "ahollalalloow" didn't produce too much giggles in me.

The cheese cooled a bit, thankfully, and the beat kept on going strong. This had truly been a great experience so far - great music, great food. The downside was that I was really hungry, so eating the pizza didn't take too long. So, I left, with the Crazy Rhythms mix blaring in my headphones. Around this point, the disco briefly goes into early house music, by Musicology's and Tyree's smooth grooves. But fear not, the disco beats return again after Acid Crash. The mix is in full-on party mode now, and keeps on going for a few tracks, going into a wild crescendo with the wild, hot beats by Dinosaur. The song fades out, and in come The Feelies with a track the mix duo, Dan Selzer and Mike Simonetti, grabbed their name from.

Wonderful.

Verdict:
YES SIR PLZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home